Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 9 Work - 2011....

~I feel like we're drowning in science right now!  Just a couple more weeks and we'll be back to a more normal schedule (instead of 6+ hours of it per week) and hopefully we can get caught up in other areas of the curriculum (like history and lit).  I'm pushing back our start date for the time period around World War I until we can get finished with the things we're working on for the Civil War and it's aftermath.

~I think we're caught up with most everything else now and back on track.  Logic is currently suffering, however.  It seems to always be the first thing to go....

~My son is finishing up his assignments related to The Screwtape Letters this weekend.  I think his teacher combined questions from a couple of different studies for the work they did.  They worked on some extremely thought provoking questions for this book and we had many very interesting discussions as a result.  I enjoyed it, too!  Next, they are going to begin The Pilgrim's Progress, In Today's English, and I'm looking forward to it, too....

The Screwtape Letters      Pilgrim's Progress in Today's English   -     
        Edited By: James H. Thomas
    
    
        By: John Bunyan; James H. Thomas, ed.


~I'm told that he has chosen to write a poem using the names of God as one of his final projects for the Screwtape study and I can't wait to see it!

~We only have four lessons to go to finish up the first module of VideoText Algebra.  I think he will finish those on Monday....

~  We only have five lessons to go to finish up Latin Primer III, then he will begin the related grammar series.  I expect to start that series week after next.

~  He attended a two hour art lesson on Wednesday.  They completed a nice landscape, using acrylics.  They will meet next Wednesday to complete a still life of some sort....  It's nice to get some art worked into the mix!

~ He has been reading Pygmalion this week.  He also read more Father Brown mystery stories....

Book Jacket
~I still need to get my Fall decor out!
Regena

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I can't wait for high school. I want to read all those great books again with my daughter.

I hope you'll share his final project for the Screwtape Letters. I'd love to see it (if he's willing).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...