Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our Schoolroom....

School's in session!  I've looked at so many pics of lovely school rooms that I decided I'd take a shot at sharing my very messy room (while it's in the best shape it will probably be in until this time next year!)....  Please cut me a little slack, I went from one of the largest rooms in the house to one of the smallest last year and I'm still culling stuff!  After next summer, perhaps we'll actually fit into this room (just in time for what may be my son's last year at home if he goes the way of his big brother)....  So this first shot is from the doorway, looking in to the room's centrally located writing table....





This shot looks into the back right corner of the room, where there's a reading nook.
In the back left corner is a small bookcase that holds books we're using for this year, as well as our geography resources (middle shelf).  As you can see, these books spill out into stacks on the floor.
A closer view of the floor.  The large tub houses crafts supplies I still have not managed to part with (just in case)....  The piles are primarily science, with a little math and a Spanish tape thrown in (that we're listening to tomorrow)....
Directly behind the writing table, and beside the small bookcase, is an even smaller shelf housing various reference materials, some collections, etc.
And taking up one entire side of the room is one of a pair of  large bookcases I used to have in the other schoolroom.  This unit houses a couple of shelves of books for classes I'm working on for next year, a couple of shelves of history/lit we're using this year, our poetry books, art books, and various other resources.  The drawers are filled with craft and paper supplies, as well as more music and art related supplies, etc.
This view looks back from the writing table towards the door, which holds a bulletin board for my son's work throughout the year.  The old desk holds our stock of paper supplies (and there are more such supplies stacked in the corner behind it).  My son sometimes sits there to watch his Latin videos or other videos, such as those we're using for religion right now. 

Just to the right of the door is the closet area, also filled with more bookshelves and books not in use this year, as well as more science equipment, games of all sorts, etc.  The stuff stacked in front is (you guessed it) more science materials, including supplies I'm gathering for my first class next Tuesday....
And here is the window wall of the room.  One entire wall is taken up by this large window.  Those are (guess?) science supplies stacked under the bench.  Reference materials for me are in the basket.  I tend to sit on this bench to go over work with my son, grade papers, etc.
This small chest behind his writing table houses supplies such as pens, pencils, sharpeners, erasers, paper clips, staples, markers, etc., etc.  (Those pinch pots all over the room are some he made in his pottery class last year.) 

And that's the tour, I guess!  Messy, but with at least some degree of method to the madness....  Let the learning begin!  Hopefully we'll all have a terrific school year....

Regena

4 comments:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

What a pretty space! I love the wall color, and the great windows!! LOVE the white bookshelf, too. Have fun getting settled in your new space!

Sparklee said...

Oh, look at that nice big window! And I love your cozy reading area, with the comfy chair and pillow!

It doesn't look messy, it looks like a room where lots of learning happens! Have a great year of homeschooling!

*~Kaisun~* said...

I LOVE this room :)

Regena said...

Thank you, everyone! You are all very kind and I appreciate it,

Regena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...