Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easter Sensory Box

I have created another sensory box for my preschool age niece.  This one is Easter/spring themed.  Here are the sorts of items I included:

 
I found a scrapbook storage box on sale at Michael's.  Any sort of box will do to hold these materials....

 
A little Easter basket grass on top to obscure things and make the box mysterious....  She can use the grass to place in a small tin bucket I included (also from Michael's) and hide her chicks (Michael's) in there....


 
Here's the box contents proper, with grass and letter of instruction removed.  Last time I did these, I created card stock ideas and laminated them so they would hold up over time.  But since this one includes mostly the same ideas, I didn't feel the need for that this time....

 
The box includes a sheet of small stickers and some card stock pieces I cut to the size of book marks.  They can use these to create patterns (one pink, two purple, one blue, one pink, etc....)  Then they can save them and use them as book marks....

 
I started buying my niece Fancy Nancy books when she was just a babe.  They include a wealth of great vocabulary in them, as well as lots of scientific and artistic exploration.  She loves them (her father, on the other hand, who often has to read them to her, not so much, LOL....)

 
Last summer, I sent her some tiny fairies along with a foam core "tree house" that I found at Oriental Trading Co.  This item I found at Michael's.  It is a magnetic board with magnetic fairies and accessories, clothes, etc. so that you can create scenes (small motor skills work).  I told her that she can bring over her fairies from last summer to visit this box and play among the "flowers" there....

 
 
The primary fill in the box is decorative stones that you might use to fill up a clear glass vase, etc.  I got most of these items at Michael's after Easter LAST year, on sale.  I used two packs of these in the box.  She can use them for counting and patterning work, as you see here.

 
I got the little egg carton container (it is heavy plastic) at Michael's.  It can be used to sort the fill stones and chicks for counting and patterning purposes....  There are some little windmills included, too, for science talks about our breath, spring time winds, etc.

This is the small pail I mentioned earlier, along with a small Easter tree I also picked up at Michael's last year (but lots of dollar stores may carry similar items, too).  You may have noticed that the box contained small Easter ornaments (mostly eggs, bunnies, and chicks), which she can hang on this little tree (more fine motor skill work).

 
And why is this picture upside down, LOL?  More than that, why am I not being offered the option to turn it.... hmmmm....  Any way, I couldn't leave out little brother, just over a year old, so I included a spring time book for him and a chunky puzzle....
 
Happy Easter, everyone!
 
Regena

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...