Thursday, December 2, 2010

Here's a Great Way to eat Leftover Turkey (or chicken, any time)....

We don't just eat Turkey at Thanksgiving, but we do usually use this recipe for our leftovers.  It was really written to use with chicken breast, but I think I've always used it for turkey, and I've modified it in several ways over the years, too.

I add a little olive oil to a large, deep frying pan that has a lid and put in chopped onion, mushrooms, and sliced carrots, but you can vary these according to vegi's you prefer (peas, perhaps, or cut green beans would be good)....

I let these simmer as I chop the turkey and add it.  I sprinkle liberally with Worchestershire sauce (probably about a tablespoon), grated black pepper, and add a tablespoon of chopped garlic, then mix in.

I mix up 2 cups of sharp cheddar (shredded), 2 cups of Parmesan (shredded), a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of Golden Mushroom (Campbell's), with about 3/4 cup of milk.  The milk can be adjusted to make the sauce thicker/thinner, as you prefer....

I pour this over the turkey mixture and let it heat until the cheese is all melted and bubbly.  It sorta looks like a rich cheese fondue.  The amount of turkey I put in varies by what I have, but I'd guess it's generally between a pound and  1 1/3 pounds.  The recipe suggests using about this same amount (4 chicken breasts).

I have served this over various types of pastas, including vegi corkscrews, spirals, and bowties.

It's yummy!

Regena

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...